Have you ever wondered if making those ornaments using glitter and Mop and Glow really work? Well thanks to finding glitter in various colors I decided to give it a try and to my surprise in really does!
I purchased some clear plastic bulbs from Michael’s in a big pack with DIY in mind and once I found the green glitter at the dollar store it was decided how I was going to use them! It really is easy and once you fill them you can decorate them in various ways!
- Clear bulb ornament
- Glitter green and red
- Mop and Glow
- Acrylic paint – black and yellow
- Elmer’s glue
- Fine tip art
- Optional* silver plastic glue on jewel
- Wire red and green ribbon
- Fill ornament with Mop and Glow and swirl around the inside, pouring out excess.
- Fill with glitter and plug the end with your finger tip and shake until glitter covers the inside completely. Add more if needed.
- Paint oval shaped yellow eyes.
- Once dried trace the eyes in black adding lashes and under eye bags.
- Add half open circles for his pupils.
- Draw his mouth, nose and wrinkles.
- Tie a bow with the green ribbon around the ornament caps loop.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 from the Grinch ornament using red glitter.
- Using Elmer’s glue write the word believe on the ornament and cover with glitter.
- Glue optional star as the dot over the i.
- Tie a bow with red ribbon around the ornament caps.
These are so cute and easy! I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial! Happy crafting and merry Christmas!