I saw the cutest plank wood Grinch project on Pinterest and I have been dying to try it. The only problem – I don’t have that materials on hand right now but I do have several large tongue depressor sized crafting sticks so I can make a miniature version of my own! They’re cute, easy to make, and work well as a wall hang, door knob hang or ornament.
- Crafting sticks (large tongue depressor sized)
- Acrylic paint in red, lime green, white, yellow, and black
- Green feathers
- White pom-pom ball
- Green floral wire
- Hot glue and gun
- Fine tip paint brushes
- Add hot glue to the edge of each stick, be careful not to get big smears on the front. Rub it smooth after it cools down slightly. Glue five of the side by side.
- Paint them red across the top and mix the green with white to make a more Grinch like color.
- Cut the ends off of one stick to get a straight edge and paint white.
- Once dry, glue across the top to separate the hat and his head.
- Cut another stick down and paint it red and once dry glue to the back of him sticking out slightly for the dangling part of the Santa hat.
- Next glue a white pom-pom ball on to the end.
- Paint merry in red, Grinch in the green color you mixed earlier, and mas in red on the brim of the hat.
- Paint the eyes in an pointed almond shape in yellow.
- Using a fine tip paint brush, outline the eyes, draw the eyebrows, nose, mouth and other facial details in black.
- Cut green feathers and glue to the rim of the brim of the hat. Trim as necessary so they’re not too long.
- Cut a few more feathers and glue to the chin trimming as needed.
- Cut floral wire to desired length and hot glue into place on the back.
These are so cute I am planning on attaching them to the outside of presents for decoration and an additional gifts for my family. Merry Grinchmas! 😉🎅
2 thoughts on “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch”
Wow! Looks great 👍
LikeLiked by 1 person