My sister saw a friend from works wreath that she created out of candy canes, so she got infected by the crafting bug and said let’s do it! We took a quick trip to the dollar store and grabbed some supplies. They’re super cute and easy, we each are going to make one and even crafted one for my parents anniversary on the 21st.
- Hot glue and gun
- Wire ribbon
- Regular ribbon
- Ornament of your choice
- Peppermints (optional)
- Assorted candy cane size
- We started by creating hearts by hot gluing two candy canes facing inwards by the hook.
- Hot glue two sets together by gluing the flat sides together until you form a circle all the way around.
- Hot glue your ornament into the center.
- Cut small 1-2 inch strips of ribbon to hot glue around 2 candy canes for added stability.
- Create a bow at the top and a loop to hang the wreath on.
In the second one we used unwrapped (must spray with an acrylic sealant if being used on your door or it will melt from condensation!) smally canes to create smaller hearts and added the peppermints to the arches of the hearts because my mom really loves bling and this just took it to next level.
Nothing says Christmas like candy canes! Happy holidays and get crafting!