After re-blogging Crafts ‘n Coffee’s blog about her Halloween Polka Dot Ghost wreath it made me want to finish the one I started last year! I was so excited that I stayed up until 11 PM and then worked all morning and afternoon to complete it finally after only a mere 1o hours later! I guess I’ll do anything to avoid working on dear old Tick Tock 😎🐊!
- Styrofoam Ring (sold at craft stores)
- Black Yarn
- White Yarn
- Foam Core Poster Board
- Air Drying Clay
- Floral Wire
- Black and White Polka Dotted Wire Ribbon
- Yellow Acrylic Paint
- Light Yellow Acrylic Paint
- Orange Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- Red Acrylic Paint
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Purple Acrylic Paint
- Hot Glue and Glue Gun
- X-acto Knife
- Wooden Shish Kabob Skewers
- EZ Bow Maker
- Wrap in alternating colors of black in white in 2-3 inch strips until your Styrofoam Ring in completely covered. Start and finish each strand with a dab of hot glue smoothed out so it’s unnoticeable.
- On the foam core board trace your wreath so you can cut out the swirled hill for your background using your X-acto Knife.
- Place hill silhouette on top of foam core board to draw a moon for the background.
- Peel both sides of the paper off of the foam core board hill and moon.
- Paint the swirled hill using the black paint.
- Paint the moon starting with the yellow paint, using a blow dryer to dry slightly and then layering in a light brushing/blending of light yellow paint for contouring.
- Draw each characters mask and/or hat and body on the foam core board and cut out with your X-acto Knife.
- Use the air clay to coat the foam core board pieces and make them look 3D by making exaggerated noses and 3D arms and hands. (See photo gallery for examples). Make feet that you will add on afterwards with hot glue.
- Use your blow dryer to dry out the sculptures and then paint them.
- I mixed black, white, and purple paint for faces and hands.
- Mix black and purple with a touch of white, painting the color of her dress adding less white than for the face and hands.
- Paint each character according to its color scheme.
- Cut the Shish Kabob Skewers to the right size for the witches legs and paint black.
- Glue together characters and paint using its coordinating colors.
- Glue swirled hill onto the back of the black and white wreath.
- Paint “trick or treat” in black on the moon as shown in pictures.
- Glue moon to the back of the swirled hill.
- Glue each character in place.
- Using the EZ Bow Maker to make a wreath bow using the black and white Polka Dotted Wire Ribbon to make a bow for your wreath.
Try this out if you love Nightmare Before Christmas too! This looks harder than it is! Happy Halloween and remember it’s all for the love of craft!
2 thoughts on “Nightmare Before Christmas Lock, Stock, and Barrel on a Oogie Boogie Hill”
Time to get ready for Halloween. I think it is my favourite of all celebrations. Thanks for following me and my girl (Treehouse Reads). We appreciate it!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s mine too! I hope that you find some useful tips on my site!
LikeLiked by 1 person