Have you ever wondered if making those ornaments using glitter and Mop and Glow really work? Well thanks to finding glitter in various colors I decided to give it a try and to my surprise in really does!
I purchased some clear plastic bulbs from Michael’s in a big pack with DIY in mind and once I found the green glitter at the dollar store it was decided how I was going to use them! It really is easy and once you fill them you can decorate them in various ways!
- Clear bulb ornament
- Glitter green and red
- Mop and Glow
- Acrylic paint – black and yellow
- Elmer’s glue
- Fine tip art
- Optional* silver plastic glue on jewel
- Wire red and green ribbon
- Fill ornament with Mop and Glow and swirl around the inside, pouring out excess.
- Fill with glitter and plug the end with your finger tip and shake until glitter covers the inside completely. Add more if needed.
- Paint oval shaped yellow eyes.
- Once dried trace the eyes in black adding lashes and under eye bags.
- Add half open circles for his pupils.
- Draw his mouth, nose and wrinkles.
- Tie a bow with the green ribbon around the ornament caps loop.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 from the Grinch ornament using red glitter.
- Using Elmer’s glue write the word believe on the ornament and cover with glitter.
- Glue optional star as the dot over the i.
- Tie a bow with red ribbon around the ornament caps.
These are so cute and easy! I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial! Happy crafting and merry Christmas!
I saw the cutest plank wood Grinch project on Pinterest and I have been dying to try it. The only problem – I don’t have that materials on hand right now but I do have several large tongue depressor sized crafting sticks so I can make a miniature version of my own! They’re cute, easy to make, and work well as a wall hang, door knob hang or ornament.
- Crafting sticks (large tongue depressor sized)
- Acrylic paint in red, lime green, white, yellow, and black
- Green feathers
- White pom-pom ball
- Green floral wire
- Hot glue and gun
- Fine tip paint brushes
- Add hot glue to the edge of each stick, be careful not to get big smears on the front. Rub it smooth after it cools down slightly. Glue five of the side by side.
- Paint them red across the top and mix the green with white to make a more Grinch like color.
- Cut the ends off of one stick to get a straight edge and paint white.
- Once dry, glue across the top to separate the hat and his head.
- Cut another stick down and paint it red and once dry glue to the back of him sticking out slightly for the dangling part of the Santa hat.
- Next glue a white pom-pom ball on to the end.
- Paint merry in red, Grinch in the green color you mixed earlier, and mas in red on the brim of the hat.
- Paint the eyes in an pointed almond shape in yellow.
- Using a fine tip paint brush, outline the eyes, draw the eyebrows, nose, mouth and other facial details in black.
- Cut green feathers and glue to the rim of the brim of the hat. Trim as necessary so they’re not too long.
- Cut a few more feathers and glue to the chin trimming as needed.
- Cut floral wire to desired length and hot glue into place on the back.
These are so cute I am planning on attaching them to the outside of presents for decoration and an additional gifts for my family. Merry Grinchmas! 😉🎅