I made these for my nieces birthday party last April after scouring Pinterest for ideas and stumbling upon a pin for candles in an Etsy shop, but honestly the scariest part was the price: $45.00 NO WAY!
I save my toilet paper tubes for crafting because they can be used for so many things and cost me NOTHING extra so I had an idea to make my own.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Air drying clay
- Masking tape
- Black acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Red and yellow paper streamers
- X-acto Knife
- Stiff paint brush
- Soft paint brush
- Glue stick
- 2 battery operated tea lights from the dollar store
- Cut out your spooky face using an X-acto Knife.
- Use your glue gun to run glue down the sides to look like melting wax.
- Use your air drying clay to make exaggerated drips from the top.
- Paint the candlestick black with the stiff paint brush, make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- Lightly brush the white paint on using the soft bristled brush accenting the candle as seen in the pictures.
- Use the glue stick to cover the edges of strips of paper streamers for the inside to back the mouth and eyes and shove up into place.
- Use making tape on the inside of the top to hold a tea lights on top and then add the tea light.
- Place the finished candle over the top of the second one.
Voila!! For the $45.00 dollars for just one Etsy candle you can probably make 100 or more!! Happy Halloween and remember it’s all for the love of craft, now get crafting!