Here at my house I’ve been gearing up for festivities with my side of the family at my house on Christmas Eve. It’s been a long couple of days making salted chocolate fudge, peanut butter chocolate fudge, orange creamsickle fudge, red velvet and sugar cookie candy cane kiss thumb print cookies, and creme brulee.
I just finished my Roasted Garlic Bacon Ranch snowman cheese ball and I am about to get cracking on my chocolate glazed canoili pie. It’s going to be a delicious dinner tomorrow night!
- Whole garlic bulb
- Cooking oil (I used avacado oil because it can stand high tempature cooking)
- Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese 1/2 block of 2 lbs cheese block
- Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet to taste
- 7 pieces of bacon
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 8 Oz cream cheese
- Whole peppercorns
- Baby carrot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel off the papery outer layers of a whole clove of garlic bulb and cut off the tips.
- Rub cooking oil over the exposed tips and wrap in foil. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and bake 7 pieces of bacon for 11 – 15 minutes or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Grate half of the 2 pound block of white cheddar and preserve 1/3 of it for later. Mix thoroughly cheese with package of cream cheese, add worcestershire sauce, chopped cooked bacon, and 3 or 4 cloves of garlic (or more if desired).
- Form two balls and roll each one with preserved grated cheddar.
- Use a potato peeler to peel baby carrot to a point.
- Stack balls on top of each other, add carrot and peppercorns to the head and body to make it look like a snowman.
This is super cute, festive, and incredibly delicious! It will have your family begging you for the recipe! Merry Christmas everyone!
What would Christmas be without delicious home baked cookies and these festive Grinch’s Heart Grew 3 Sizes rice krispy treats?!?
I made sugar cookies and because I really don’t have the patience for royal icing I took the easy route by dusting them with colored sugar. It added color and additional taste. I’m going to give the blue snowflakes to my sister and call them her “Let it Go Emergency Work Cookies” just eat one when your coworkers are driving you crazy! 😉 Follow the link below to make these easy, deliciously buttery sugar cookies.
The recipe for these easy and delicious rice krispy treats follow this link below just add neon green and regular green to the mix and add a Wilton candy heart:
Rice Krispy Treats
These will be perfect added gifts for my family and my son’s teachers at school, Merry Christmas!
So as it turns out, I am not the Cake Boss! 😉 They’re having a gingerbread house competition at my son’s school and since I have gotten better at sculpting miniatures I had Cake Boss dreams of sweeping the floor with my competition after winning the pumpkin decorating contest in October! 😂😂 So I decided that I would make a Grinch Who Stole Christmas entry and sculp him with gum paste (modeling chocolate).
Since I like to try new things, but am always trying to lower my cost I tried to substitute powdered food coloring with Jell-O – BAD IDEA! Definitely just use gel food coloring. I am lucky I had some on hand. The Jell-O concoction is grainy and pale. I’m not sure what the trick to this stuff is, but my four and a half years old was impressed and since the judges are his peers my fingers are crossed that I have a shot at winning.
Did the decorating of the house with my son and made Max the dog to sit on the roof. We used a premade gingerbread kit since these are not my forte and it’s not a rule violator. The icing bag broke and made a huge mess. I guess I will have to make my own later on, oh well. Happy crafting and Merry Grinchmas! 😉
My birthday is Halloween and this year I decided it would be great fun to bake and decorate some cupcakes with my 4 year old son that is still in disbelief that I am actually cool enough to be born on Halloween! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
We used a chocolate boxed cake and some cream cheese frosting that we colored green with gel food coloring, added peeps, candy corn pumkins, and witches hats that came with the cupcake liners from the dollar store.
Simple, easy, and great fun. Probably my favorite birthday present this year was just spending time with him and decorating these together.