Last April my niece celebrated her 8th birthday with a Nightmare Before Christmas themed party. Of course no party would be complete without a Oogie Boogie to bash! So I made this really simple and easy piñata.
- 2 Poster Board Paper (not with the foam core)
- Black Sharpie
- Brown Twine
- Hole Puncher
- Shredded Paper
- Upholstery Needle
- With your pencil draw the desired shape of your Oogie Boogie and cut it out.
- Trace this out onto your other poster board and cut it out.
- On one side or both if you want, draw his eyes and mouth.
- Tape the two pieces together in a few spots to keep them together while you punch holes around the edges.
- Thread your upholstery needle and sew the edges looping it around the seem on the outside and back through starting on one side of his head. Stop when you get to the other side leaving enough room to stuff the piñata before sewing closed.
- Fill arms with shredded paper and add some to the body to make him puffer. Fill the rest of him with your piñata filler and add more shredded paper if needed for volume.
- Finish sewing him closed.
This is the easiest piñata ever and would be great for any Halloween party. I purchased the poster board, shredded paper and the twine from my Dollar Tree. If it’s near Halloween pick up spooky bugs to add inside for the bugs he has.